Rainbow Swiss Chard Egg-less Quiche
|The Rainbow Chard adds a nice pink hue!|
- 4 cup fresh greens (I use Rainbow Chard and I've also used kale), chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1-2 tbs vegetable broth
- 12 oz extra-firm tofu
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Heat the vegetable broth in a deep saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the chard and onion and saute until the greens begin to wilt and the onion is soft. Set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a high-speed blender or a food processor. Blend until creamy. You may need to scrape the sides a bit to get everything mixed.
- Add the blended ingredients to a pie plate. If you want to spray the plate with some cooking spray prior to adding the batter, that is fine. But you don't have to.
- Add the sauteed greens and mix thoroughly to incorporate the greens and the batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the top has a little crunch and has browned and the inside has set completely.
- Let the quiche cool about 5-10 minutes before slicing unless you don't care if you get the perfect pie piece. Then slice away :)